Wednesday 22 July 2015

Parish Records: St Michael & All Angels, Caldecote, Cambridgeshire. Update

I've been keeping an eye on the Parish Records of a few churches, including the Parish Records of St Michael & All Angels, Caldecote, Cambridgeshire.  These have been transcribed on the FreeREG site and I was pleasantly surprised to notice that in the last few days there's been an update of the records.

The years now available on FreeREG for St Michael & All Angels, Caldecote, Cambridgeshire are:

  • Baptisms: 1662-1875
  • Marriages: 1676-1880
  • Burials: 1671-1885

These are really new records that have been added!  The dates covered before were only up to 1876. So I'm off to see what I can discover!  This transcription of the parish records must nearly be 100% complete! I'm so lucky ... although there are many parishes I am not lucky with, but it's nice to have one parish that's well covered.

This is so exciting, I was looking for a burial in 1903-1905!  Thank you to the volunteer for FreeREG who transcribed these records!

EDIT:  Found it!  That's for another post as it solves a doubt!  Two women of the same name were registered as dying in the area and I knew one was my GG-grandmother.  Now I know which one!

Last checked/updated: October 2015
Image: Geograph

No comments:

Post a Comment